About the recipe
This breakfast is super-quick to whizz together and is perfect served with milled seeds and fresh fruit fingers on top for baby to practise some of those self-feeding and dipping skills. It’s a nutrient-packed breakfast for you too.
Prep: 2 minutes
Serves: 1 baby 1 adult
(Image by @Siyas_mummys_kitchen)
What you will need
- 1 medium banana
- 2 tsp 100 per cent peanut butter, smooth
- 2 heaped tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 25g oats
- Fresh fruits, sliced (strawberry is lovely) and 1 tsp milled seeds, to serve (optional)
1. Pop everything into a blender (except the fruit and seeds to serve, if using) and blend for a few seconds until it’s well mixed. If it needs thickening up, add a few more oats.
2. Serve in a bowl with some milled seeds sprinkled on top and some sliced fruits of your choice.
The book launch
About the Author
Charlotte Stirling-Reed is a leading nutritionist based in the UK. She has a first class degree in Human Biology and Nutrition (BSc), a Masters (MSc) in Nutrition and Public Health, and is Registered with the Association for Nutrition. Founder of her successful consultancy practice - SR Nutrition - Charlotte works with a variety of clients including global brands and celebrities. Charlotte is the nutritionist who worked with Joe Wicks on his Wean in 15 book and has a strong social media platform with nearly 200k followers on Instagram (@SR_Nutrition). Charlotte started her career working for the NHS and has since spent many years working with families.