About the recipe
Raffy loved these when I was experimenting with recipes for this book, so they had to go in. They are really simple and a great way to get some extra veg into your baby or toddler’s diet.
These make perfect little finger food bars for any age.
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
Makes: 8–10 bars
(Image by @ani__cooks)
What you will need- Olive oil or butter, to grease
- 1/2 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1/2 small apple, peeled and grated
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 tbsp smooth, 100 per cent almond butter
- 150g oats
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Lightly grease a baking tray.
2. Add all the ingredients to a large bowl and mix together with your hands or a spoon.
3. Press the mixture into the greased baking tray.
4. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Leave to cool before cutting into 8–10 bars.
The book launch
Click here for more details on pre-ordering your copy!
About the Author
Charlotte Stirling-Reed is a leading nutritionist based in the UK. She has a first class degree in Human Biology and Nutrition (BSc), a Masters (MSc) in Nutrition and Public Health, and is Registered with the Association for Nutrition. Founder of her successful consultancy practice - SR Nutrition - Charlotte works with a variety of clients including global brands and celebrities. Charlotte is the nutritionist who worked with Joe Wicks on his Wean in 15 book and has a strong social media platform with nearly 200k followers on Instagram (@SR_Nutrition). Charlotte started her career working for the NHS and has since spent many years working with families.