Spinach and Cheddar Muffins - Charlotte Stirling-Reed
About the recipe
These mini muffins are a perfect breakfast muffin or on-the-go snack. You can also team them with some veggie sticks and dips and offer as a light lunch. I’ve made these for a few parties and they always go down really well, especially when they are warm out of the oven.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
Makes: 12 muffins
(Image by @thedairyfree_toddler)
What you will need
- 80g spinach
- 2 free-range eggs
- 100ml milk of choice
- 50g unsalted butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
- 150g self-raising flour
- 120g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a 12-hole muffin tray with cases or grease the holes with a little butter.
2. Put the spinach in a colander in the sink and pour a kettleful of boiling water over it until it’s all wilted. Rinse the wilted spinach with cold water until it is cool enough to handle then squeeze out as much of the water as possible and pat it dry with kitchen paper. Once it is as dry as you can get it, roughly chop.
3. Beat the eggs in a large bowl then add the milk and melted butter and combine. Add the flour, cheese, spring onions and chopped wilted spinach and mix until evenly distributed.
4. Divide the batter between the muffin cases and cook for 15–20 minutes, until golden and a skewer comes out clean.
The book launch
About the Author
Charlotte Stirling-Reed is a leading nutritionist based in the UK. She has a first class degree in Human Biology and Nutrition (BSc), a Masters (MSc) in Nutrition and Public Health, and is Registered with the Association for Nutrition. Founder of her successful consultancy practice - SR Nutrition - Charlotte works with a variety of clients including global brands and celebrities. Charlotte is the nutritionist who worked with Joe Wicks on his Wean in 15 book and has a strong social media platform with nearly 200k followers on Instagram (@SR_Nutrition). Charlotte started her career working for the NHS and has since spent many years working with families.